Nate the Great posts over on the Mobileread forum that the EPUB Maintenance Working Group is in the process of minor revisions of EPUB from v2.0 to v2.0.1, while identifying problems to tackle in the next major revision.
Two weeks have been set aside for public comment, of which three days have passed so far. Nate has started a Mobileread forum topic for each of 13 different types of problems faced by the EPUB format, and hopes that Mobileread forumgoers might have some helpful ideas to discuss.
The topics include:
- rich media & interactivity
- enhanced global language support
- enhanced (magazine) article support
- enhanced metadata support
- page-level layouts
- enhanced navigation support
- alignment with broadly-adopted Web standards
- annotation support
- mathematics support
- dictionaries (book-specific semantics)
- accessibility support
- mechanism for adding industry specific extensions
- relationship to approved national and international standards