From the BlueGriffon website:
I have in front of me right now the beta 1 of BlueGriffon EPUB Edition. That beta is EPUB2-only, no EPUB3 yet. I am going to give that beta1 for tests purposes (blogging allowed, no embargo, redistribution of course forbidden) to a number of selected people in the coming days. Please don’t ping me if you don’t get an invite, the list of testers is already frozen.
- cross-platform Windows, OS X and Linux
- powered of course by Mozilla
- no proprietary pivot format at all
- creates *.epub, opens *.epub, edits *.pub, saves *.epub; of course including if the ebook was not created by BlueGriffon
- Web standards compliant
- based on BlueGriffon
- allows UI-based editing of all metadata
- allows UI-based editing of guide, spine and ncx
Let me clarify one detail in case you missed it: this product will not be Open Source and will be fully commercial. The changes to the files already present in the Web editor BlueGriffon (not the EPUB one) will of course be published to fully respect the MPL but will be quite useless since almost all the magic happens in new files.
You can already see a few recent screenshots at http://bluegriffon-epubedition.com (that’s a carousel).
Stay tuned !
Thanks to Laisvunas Sopauskas for the heads up.Google+