Our good friend, Mark Coker, will be giving an online class at the Independent Book Publishers Association Publishing University Online. The class will be given on July 29 at 11 am PST/ 2 pm EST. Here’s the precis:
Fresh from a popular keynote presentation in New York at Publishing University 2009, where he also presented the one-hour “p-Books to e-Books” class alongside Dan Poynter, Mark Coker of Smashwords will help demystify ebook publishing, distribution and marketing.
What you’ll learn in this session:
1. Why ebooks are hot
2. Latest market sales data
3. Will ebooks cannibalize or complement print books?
4. How ebooks fit within overall publishing strategy
5. What books work best as ebooks
6. How Ebook formatting is different
7. Why multi-format is important
8. Evolving distribution models: The new ebook supply chain
9. How Amazon is vertically integrating its ebook business: friend or foe to the independent publisher?
10. To DRM or not DRM?
11. Ebook pricing models
Get the answers to your ebook questions in this information-packed webinar.
Whether your readers want to consume your book on the iPhone, a laptop, an e-reader or other device, you’ll be ready to “serve up” your content the way they want it after listening to our e-book expert. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn from Mark Coker of Smashwords who is “walking the talk” when it comes to ebooks!